Tuesday 4 April 2017

Distress Oxide Tag Card

Yesterday, I showed you a little of how the new Distress Oxides work; today I'm sharing where I went with the tag and the card I made with it.  For details of the tag see HERE.

Having got as far as inking and stamping the tag, I decided to add texture. To do this I used the 8" x 8" Distress Texture embossing folder by Crafter's Companion.  I then very lightly dragged the Coffee Archival pad over the raised surface.

For the base card, I used a 20cm x 20cm ivory pre made card blank and stamped Happy Birthday repeatedly over the front using Coffee Archival ink.  Both words are from Word Chain sets by Claritystamp (Happy; set 14 and Birthday; set 3). 

I matted the tag onto cream, green, cream and blue card leaving only a narrow mat each time and matching the card as closely as I could to the Distress colours.  Before I added it to the front of the card using foam pads, I used the largest of the eyelet setters by Fiskars to punch out the hole at the top.

I took three lengths of thin seam binding ribbon and coloured each piece with normal distress inks (one with Faded Jeans, one with Cracked Pistachio and one with Broken China).  I added each colour in turn to a glass mat, sprayed with water and mopped up the ink with a piece of the binding.  Some of each length was used to add tabs to the right hand side of the tag and the rest was used through the hole at the top. For the finishing touch, I stamped the solid anchor from the Hero Arts Stamp & Cut set onto another manilla tag.  I used Versamark ink and heat embossed the image using Stampendous Copper Tinsel embossing powder.  This was then die cut using the matching die and added using foam pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments but spam will be deleted.