Friday 30 November 2018

Two stamps Make Four Toppers Using Alcohol Lift Ink

I once again made two completely different looking cards in different sizes using two toppers of the same size.

I decided to finally try out the Ranger Alcohol Lift-Ink on a piece of Yupo paper that I had previously played with using alcohol inks and Isopropyl Alcohol (see HERE).
I chose two of the larger Claritystamp Window stamps, the Madonna and Star, and stamped them in the Alcohol Lift-Ink. 
The ink lifted onto the stamps was then stamped onto a piece of stencil card giving a lovely mottled effect.
The images were then fussy cut, leaving a narrow border.

Because the outline is in alcohol based ink,  it is easy to colour the images with watercolour pencils (WHSmith) and blend out the colours with a water brush.
Initially,  I matted both toppers onto purple card, leaving a narrow border, but then used different shades of blue for a second, wider mat.  This made a big difference to the look as you can see.
For the Madonna topper,  I decided to work on a square card (12.5cm x 12.5cm).  I cut a piece of card to 12cm x 12cm and glued on a piece of blending mat mop up copy paper;  created by misting left over ink on a blending mat with water and pressing a piece of copy paper over the top to lift the remaining ink.  This was dried and trimmed, then Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide added around the edges.
Three of the stamps from the Claritystamp mini word chains (13&14) were stamped in Versamark ink and heat embossed using Amethyst EP.
This was added to the card base and the Madonna topper glued into place.
For the star topper,  I worked on an A5 card blank.  The matching Claritystamp stencil was laid directly onto the card blank and Dusty Concord and Wilted Violet Distress inks blended through using Clarity stencil brushes.
The topper was then glued into place in the centre.
The music stave from the We Wish You a Merry Christmas stamp set was added along the bottom in Majestic Blue Versafine ink.
To finish,  some of the stave was coloured in a purple watercolour pencil and the colour blended out with a water brush.
Once again,  a change of colour in the matting and layering and the size of base card makes such a big difference to the finished look.  At first sight, the candle topper looks larger than the Madonna, even though they are actually the same size.  If you'd like to see what became of the other two images, pop back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments but spam will be deleted.