Sunday 21 May 2017

May Mini Mission: Borders

I decided to take the prompt literally and have fun with borders and as it was for a mini mission, I worked on a tag as usual.

Before I started work on the #8 Manilla tag itself, I prepared lots of border strips to add to it.  To start, I simply painted vibrant coloured Aqua Tints in stripes onto a scrap piece of white card and dried everything off.  The strips were then cut into coloured sections.
Each section was spritzed with water, then Brushos and/or Pixie Powders in co-ordinating colours were tapped onto each one.  If necessary this step was repeated until I was satisfied with the depth of colour and textural effect on each piece.  All the strips were dried thoroughly with a heat gun.

I have an old set of Spellbinders border dies which I have never used and die cut a different border onto each coloured section; they no longer seem to be available, so it's about time they got some use.  The red panel was divided into three as it was so large.  I then tried several layouts over the tag.

As you can see, I chose the first layout, but added an additional red panel towards the top.  Once the strips had been glued in place, they were trimmed from the back to reveal the shape of the tag.
It only remained to add the words.  I used the Claritystamp Word Chain Alphabet, stamped the 'borders' using Versamark ink and heat embossed them with Ancient Copper detail embossing powder by Cosmic Shimmer.
The final step was to go round each letter with my uni-ball Signo fine white pen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments but spam will be deleted.