|Brushos and Pixie Powders|
|Playing with my new Gelli Petites|
The card that was on my desk last Wednesday (unfinished), was finally completed at the weekend. My youngest son has just started at the Sixth Form College and is interested in becoming a writer and journalist, so I thought that the typewriter and newsprint background was appropriate. He is also very much a puzzle to me at the moment (typical teenage boy), so that was the inspiration for the rest of the images.
I have had a set of blank A5 jigsaws sitting on my shelf for ages, so finally decided to make use of them (or half of one anyway). I stamped the jigsaw with the Texture Texte XXL (A4) stamp by Carabelle Studio using Black Archival ink.
I was a little annoyed as it was the first time that I had used the stamp and on inking it up noticed some damaged areas. I pressed ahead, however and used the typewriter paper to cover over the problem area later.
I blended Aqua Fusion, Morning Dew and Moon Crater Artistry inks over the Jigsaw and sealed then using Distress Micro Glaze. As Artistry inks are water based, like distress inks, I felt that this would work just as well and it did.
The background piece (13.8cm x 20cm) was painted with a blend of the Green and Grey AquaTint inks from the Landscape collection and then Sea Salt was ground over the top and left to dry. Once brushed away, this left an unusual mottled background.
The typewriter and two of the messages from the Just Typed clear stamp set from JustRite were stamped using Versafine Black Onyz ink and heat embossed using detail clear embossing powder. The message sheet was then trimmed, a slit cut into the typewriter using a craft knife and the message inserted to look as if it had just been typed.
The background mat was created from a piece of 14.3cm x 20.5cm stamping card, stamped all around the edges using the Crealies Bits and Pieces No. 25 stamp (which is a miniature jigsaw puzzle) and Black Onyx Versafine Ink.
When layering up the card, I decided to break up the large jigsaw along the left hand side, before adding the typewriter using a combination of glue and foam pads. The base card was made from a piece of dark green A4 card, scored and folded in half to create an A5 landscape card blank.