Saturday 30 January 2016

Alcohol Pens on Acetate

I finally finished the background for the tag that I made last week.  I had tried an effect with masking and blending distress inks on white card - sorry I don't have a picture - but really wasn't happy with the effect.  Then I happened to see someone demonstrating alcohol pens and blending solution on acetate and loved the effects.

I had already decided to make by base card black, so scored and folded a piece of A4 black card to create a portrait A5 base.  I cut a piece of white stamp card 14.3cm x 20.5cm and a piece of acetate the same size.  I used the large wildflower border from the stamp set of the same name by Crafter's Companion to stamp along the bottom of the white card, using Ranger's Black Tie ink pad.  Around the top of the white card, I used the same ink and multiple images of the Sprig stamp by Claritystamp.
On the back of the acetate I scribbled lines of ProMarkers using the chisel end of the pens.  At the bottom, I started with Forest Green, then added some Mustard, with the bulk of the acetate being covered with Aegean.  I didn't worry about being particularly neat, as I was intending to use blending solution on a felt pad to blend out the lines.  I made sure that I was using a new, clean piece of felt on my blending pad and worked my way from the bottom upwards.  I swirled the blending tool around towards the top of the acetate to create the suggestion of clouds.
I was really pleased with the effect once I allowed the ink to dry and laid the acetate ink side down on the stamped white card.  I glued the stamped piece onto the blank card, then stuck on the acetate using a piece of strong double sided tape under where the tag was going to be added only.  The is no easy way to add acetate to a card - I tend to either use brads or conceal the tape under an embellishment as in this case.  Having tried the tag at several angles, I used foam tape for dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments but spam will be deleted.