Tuesday 29 September 2015

Fantasy Fibre

Having watched Barbara Gray on Hochanda the other day playing with fusible fibres, I thought I'd share this card with you.  I'd like this to be considered for We love 2 create challenge 20 as well as the Let's Get Girly dragonfly dreams challenge.
Also this is for the Girls will be Girls challenge over at That's Crafty.

 For once I used a ready made 8" x 8" scalloped white card as the base.  The Background layer started life as a 19cm x 19cm piece of white stamping card.  First of all I stamped various stamps (Kaisercraft Bubble Wrap, Creative Expressions Chicken Wire and Papermania Urban Stamps Home for Christmas Snowflake background) using Picked Raspberry and Shaded Lilac distress inks.  I deliberately didn't use an acrylic block as I wanted an irregular effect without definite edges to the stamped sections.  I next used Shaded Lilac and Spun Sugar distress inks, through the Tim Holtz Dot Fade and Burlap layering stencils, to add further detail.  Finally, I debossed the whole piece using the fancy side of the Spellbinders Garden Lattice A4 embossing folder; highlighting round the edge with Spun Sugar distress ink and a blending tool.  Before I added the panel to the card, I tied two pieces of wide organza ribbon together to create a faux bow and secured the ends underneath; this uses less ribbon than wrapping a piece round the whole panel and tying a bow at the front!

The Elegant Lady was stamped onto white stamping card using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and coloured with ProMarkers.  The image was then die cut, using the largest of the Timeless Rectangle dies by Spellbinders.  Before removing the image from the die, Spun Sugar distress ink was blended around the edge and then the image was trimmed to mat onto pearlescent purple card, cut using the same die.  The image was inked up again - this time using black Adirondack ink; purple fusible fibres were placed on top, followed by a layer of baking parchment; the whole thing was then heated using a travel iron (no steam), until the outline of the image could be seen through the baking parchment.  As I only wanted the dress and wrap to be dimensional, I cut them out of the fusible fibre and glued them onto the image.
Lastly, the framed, stamped image was added to the front of the card using foam pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments but spam will be deleted.