Saturday, 23 December 2017

ATC Swap: V is for...

These were made for the monthly Junk Journal Junkies and Mindful Art ATC Swap.  The prompt for December was V and my swap partner has kindly given me permission to share.  As usual for my ATCs, all the stamps used are by Claritystamp.
All the images were stamped using Onyx Black Versafine ink and heat embossed in detail clear embossing powder.  I started with V is for vintage, stamping one of the ladies from the Hats 2 stamp set and the upper case V from the Word Chain Alphabet (Claritystamp).
The head was masked off using the mask which comes with the stamp set and Tea Dye Distress ink was brushed all over the background.  The script stamp from the Journaling set was added using Potting Soil Archival ink several times to cover the background, then Vintage Photo and a little Black Soot Distress inks were blended around the outer edges of the ATC.  The mask was then removed.
The image was then coloured using Royal Talens Ecoline pens and a water brush.
Finally, the sentiment was completed using a Staedtler Triplus fine liner in black.
For the second ATC, I decided on V is for Vibrant.  Two of the flower stamps from the Tina's Flowers 1 set were stamped and heat embossed multiple times, using the matching masks to create the layers.  The same V as before was added for continuity.
Once again, the Ecoline pens provided the colour, using a water brush for additional blending.
The ATC was finished in the same manner as the first.
I do have a violin stamp by another stamp company which I could have used for the third ATC, but as my tradition is only to use Clarity stamps I had to be creative for the final card.  The fern leaf and the fox stamp are two of the teeny weenie stamps which come with the Leaf Outline and mask set and were perfect for creating a 'Vixen Vignette'.
This time I used the hills and mountains mask and a tiny moon mask to create the background.  Midnight Blue Artistry ink was brushed over the sky and Pampas was used to create the hills and foreground.  I also used a water brush to add some texture.
The ATC was finished with the fine liner to tie in with the other two cards.
Post a Comment