Saturday, 13 October 2018

Eileen Hull Wrapped Journal Cover: Masculine Finish

Yesterday I shared how I created the wood effect for the inside of this Wrapped Journal Cover (see HERE).  Today,  I will show you how I added texture to embellishments for the outside of the cover, once again in keeping with the masculine theme.


I started by creating a wood effect background in the same way as I did the inside (explained in yesterday's post).
Next,  I chose some grunge board embellishments to decorate, ready to add to the front, back and one spine of the cover.
First of all I stippled some of the Viva Decor 'Rusty' effect paint over all the pieces using a stencil brush.
As I was planning on using copper coloured elasticated cord to add the signatures, I found copper coloured brads and eyelets to add detail to all the pieces.
Before adding the book plates to the cover,  I used a piece of the Cartography card by IndigoBlu as a backing piece for each.  Each piece was glued in place using Cosmic Shimmer acrylic glue.
To finish embellishing the front cover,  I chose two cogs from the Eureka Pop-Ems set and a screw head from the Fix-It set (Creative Expressions) and gave them all a coat of brown acrylic paint (Amsterdam).  Red Bronze Gilding Polish was then dabbed on in areas using my fingers.
This was followed with a little of the Nubian and Blue Metallic Rub Ons as an alternative method to create a rusty/patina effect.
These were added onto the front cover.
The copper elasticated cord was threaded through the holes on the left hand spine to create a place for four signatures to be added inside.

Post a Comment