Tuesday, 3 July 2018

Eileen Hull Wrapped Journal: Part 2

Having shared how I decorated the inside of my wrapped journal cover yesterday (see HERE), today I will be sharing the outside.  I have not made any signatures for my journal yet; that will be a job for the school holidays.
There was already a base coat of Amsterdam black gesso over the die cut journal.  I used the same colours of Amsterdam acrylics as I did for the inside, as well as many of the same stamps.  This time I added a couple of IndigoBlu stencils to the mix as well.  I started by using the face silhouette and adding Quinacridone Rose Light to decorate the front flap.

Having cleaned the mask, I replaced it and used the IndigoBlu Collector's Edition Numbers stamp with watered down Primary Magenta acrylic.
This was followed up with the Cross Hatching stamp from the same collection with watered down Caput Mortuum Violet acrylic in the same manner.

Having gone over the cover with an antistatic pad,  I started stamping and heat embossing some of the Limor Circles stamps (also by IndigoBlu; Versamark ink / Extra Detail Copper EP).
Before long,  I realised that I would need to add some colour to the rest of the outer cover.  I used another IndigoBlu stencil (bubbles) and Light Rose acrylic applied using blending foam in between the stamping that I had already added.
Next, I offset the stencil and went back over the same areas with Quinacridone Rose acrylic in the same manner.
I then continued the stamping and heat embossing, including going over areas of the face.
I  used some copper elasticated cord from Hobbycraft to string the journa,l ready to add signatures.  I didn't follow the instructions that came with the die; instead I used 2 lengths of cord and only needed two knots.  I also feel that I have a neater finish on the outside of the journal.
I used my Crop-A-Dile II to add two more holes along the spine in line with the two centre holes top and bottom, in order to hold the elasticated closure in place.  More of the copper cord was threaded through, tied and beads added.  Two wine glass charms were knotted onto the ends of the cords, then the cords trimmed.  To stop the ends from fraying, Cosmic Shimmer dries clear acrylic adhesive was added.



Post a Comment