After all the excitement of last week, it has been rather quiet in the shed this week. I have been crafting alone, as my crafty friend is away at the moment. To console myself I have done a little retail therapy, and my new set of Distress Oxides finally arrived yesterday. I also treated myself to a couple of the new Tim Holtz Halloween thinlits dies that I thought might be used all year round.
My desk shot was taken yesterday as usual (alas only my side of the desk). To see everyone else's desks don't forget to visit our hostess Julia at the Stamping Ground, where all the links can be found. I was working on an art journal challenge that involved only using my fingers and a credit card to create the page. In addition to the finished page I have two further background sheets from the palette and clean up sheet that I was using (on the left of the photo while in use). To see the finished piece you can look HERE.
I have managed to keep the orchid alive, in fact it has only lost two flowers since I had it.
I have also been very tidy this week and my new Distress Oxides have already been labelled and shelved with the previous set in my ink storage just behind where I sit. I used my Dymo Letratag to create the labels, have attached blending foam to the bottom of each pad using the hook side of some hook and loop and swiped some of the colour across each label for additional ease of identification.
Finally, I bought a new sign for the cupboard doors; unfortunately although you can choose the name, the option craft 'shed' isn't available, however I still think it's very 'me'.