Thursday, 3 August 2017

JJJAMA Challenge 28: Lemon, Magenta, Ultramarine, Freedom

I decided to just go with the flow as I was creating this page.  I hadn't even decided on a quote when I began; I simply got out some colours and jumped right in.
I made up some paints out of Lemon and Ultramarine Brushos, spritzed with water to activate, and painted them across the page with a large brush.
I then added a band of Reeves acrylic paint in Rose Red (the nearest colour I had to my Magenta Hue Archival ink pad).
I like to add texture to my backgrounds through stamping, so I used Chrome Yellow archival ink to stamp the dotty border from the Slight Alterations set, overlaid it with the world map from Documented and on the right hand page used one of the Ledger Script stamps.  I then used the same stamp in Majestic Blue Versafine ink on the bottom left and the marble stamp from the Doily & Marble set on the bottom right.  The Rose Red paint was over stamped using Magenta Hue Archival ink with one of the Mixed Media stamps (all designed by Tim Holtz for Stamper's Anonymous).
I had stamped one of the Bird Crazy stamps (also Tim Holtz) twice onto mixed media card using Magenta Hue archival ink.  This was repeated with the matching bird from the Mini Bird Crazy and Things set and die cut both birds, wings and eyes/beak with the coordinating dies by Sizzix.  These were coloured using a Kuretake Clean Color pen in Lemon Yellow and matted together.  I used the large Birdcage 1 die by XCut with some dark blue card, gave it a light coat with Mediterranean Blue and Indian Pink Metallic Gilding Polish by Cosmic Shimmer added the larger bird to the cage and glued the focal images into place.
It only remained to stamp the word 'Freedom' (Claritystamp Word Chain Alphabet) using Versamark ink and Bright White detail embossing powder by Cosmic Shimmer, go over the top of the letters with Indigo Blue ProMarker (leaving a narrow white border) and add the rest of the quote 'is a state of mind.' printed using my Dymo Letratag.  The area around the bottom section of the birdcage was sealed with Distress Collage medium and then the Ultramarine Big Brush Marker blended around the bottom to ground it on the page.
Post a Comment