Saturday, 4 March 2017

Journal52 Week 9: Emerge


I had the stamp set in mind for this page even before I found the quote!  The prompt for week 9 of Journal52 is emerge.
 
I used a number of paint dabbers; Adirondack Cloudy Blue, Distress Stormy Sky, Faded jeans, Chipped Sapphire and Adirondack Pitch Black going from the top of the page to the bottom.  I dabbed on some paint and used my fingers to blend it out and merge the colours together.  I wanted to create an ombre effect to go with the idea of emerging from darkness into light.

 







Once I was happy with the effect, I chose some stamps to add texture using Archival ink.  The two stamps which I used were the Grunge stamp by Kaisercraft and the Christmas Carol script stamp designed by Paula Pascual.  I held the stamps in my hand for inking up and stamping as I didn't want any harsh / straight edges, just some texture.  Towards the bottom of the page I used Cobalt ink and towards the top I used Watering Can.
The Butterfly Tree stamp set by Claritystamp consists of four stamps; a tree whose leaves are transforming into butterflies and three butterfly stamps in small, medium and large.  I stamped the images diagonally across the page with the tree at the bottom left and the three butterflies getting larger as they approached the top.  The tree was stamped using Majestic Blue Versafine ink for the butterflies and Onyx Black for the tree itself.  It was heat embossed using detail clear embossing powder.  The butterflies were each stamped using Versamark ink and heat embossed.  Small and medium were embossed using the Stampendous Pearlustre powders in Sapphire and Alexandrite and the large butterfly was heat embossed using the Cosmic Shimmer Bright Silver detail powder.
I then added some colour to the two larger butterflies using my Neocolor II crayons and activated them using a water brush.  I set the colour with a heat gun and then made a mess of the largest butterfly by attempting to rub away the excess crayon while the embossing powder was still hot.  It took away the bottom left section of the butterfly and I had to use an embossing pen to repair that section, adding more silver powder.  Not the neatest job I must admit.
 






At this stage I also 'grounded' the tree by using a section of the script stamp multiple times and Jet Black Archival ink to add a hill for it to stand on.
I then added the quote.  As the prompt was 'emerge', I used the Claritystamp Word Chain Alphabet to spell it out and stamped it out using Versamark ink and the same silver embossing powder as the large butterfly.  The rest of the quote was printed out in sections using my Dymo Letratag.  These were glued into place and sealed using Distress Collage Medium.  
Once dry, I used my Faber-Castell Big Brush markers in Sky Blue, Indanthrene Blue and Ultramarine to go round all the sections of quotes as well as the butterflies and trees.  I also decided to go over the printed words with a medium black Pitt Artist pen.



Post a Comment