Sunday, 26 March 2017

Happy Mother's Day

This card was made for my Mum for Mother's Day today.  I finally tried out my Misti and the Altenew stamp sets that I have had for a while.  Happy Mother's Day Mum and thanks for all you do!

I started by working on the main topper.  I cut a piece of Sheena's stamping card to 15.3cm x 15.3cm and used the magnets to hold it in place in the bottom right hand corner of my large (12" x 12") Misti.  I have two sets of Altenew Rose stamps, the Vintage Roses set and a Rose and Leaf set which came free with a magazine, together with the matching dies.  I stamped the 'free' rose into the bottom left corner of the card using Cotton Candy, Funky Fuchsia and Groovy Grapes Artistry inks.  I was glad that I was using the Misti, as I needed to stamp each layer three or four times.  Once that rose was complete, I masked it off and stamped one of the roses from the Vintage Roses set either side, using the same colours.
The leaf which I used is also from the 'free' stamp set and it was stamped twice using Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint and Forest Moss distress inks.  I repeated the process in the top right hand corner of the topper.  I won't be using the same mask material next time, as the repeated inking and stamping eventually seeped through (even though I created a new mask for the other corner).  I used a water brush to lift as much of the green as I could, then painted over the rose petal with the Candy Cotton ink.
I found some green paper and also a bright pink which matched the ink colours, from the Timeless Texture Stack by DCWV.  I used these, together with a piece of dark green card to add a 1mm mat in dark green, a 2mm mat in bright pink and a 3mm mat in the pale green.  Once dry, I added the card front to a 17.2cm x 17.2cm pre made white card blank.
For the central topper, I started with a piece of white card 5.3cm x 5.3cm and matted it in the same way as the main card front.  The sentiment was a silver peel off, coloured with a black Sakura Permapaque pen.  The sentiment topper was added in the centre, using foam tape for dimension.
Post a Comment