Monday, 14 March 2016

Playing with Colour

As I have now completed my distress ink collection and have a good selection of the spray stains, I thought that it was time that I started playing a bit more with them.  When I'm playing, my current 'go to' surfaces are the #8 Manilla Tags from Ranger and Sheena Douglass stamping card; both can cope really well with water and allow blending as they do not have a high chalk content.
I don't know where I will be going from here yet, but I'm enjoying the process.
















I started by choosing three of the distress sprays that I thought would go well together; Broken China, Twisted Citron and Picked Raspberry.  I spritzed each one onto a couple of tags in several places then used a piece of kitchen towel to take off the surplice; I then dabbed any areas which were too light into the ink left on the glass mat.  The remaining ink was sprayed with water and  mopped up with a piece of A4 white stamping card (300gsm).
I then gave the stamp card a couple of extra sprays, before using my heat gun dry off all the surfaces.  
I added a couple of spritzes of Antiqued Bronze for a bit of 'bling' and dried everything again.

Next I decided to use my distress inks in the same three colours to blend over the tags (I left the stamping card alone at this point).  This helped smooth out some of the over mottled areas and add depth of colour.  The mica in the Antiqued Bronze acted as a resist.
The second tag after adding distress ink.


 
Post a Comment