Monday, 29 February 2016

Happy Mother's Day

I decided to play with two of my favourite products today; some of Sue Wilson's dies and one of Phill Martin's complete cosmic shimmer collections and matching Colour Cloud blending ink.  I'm really pleased with the result and I hope that my Mum will be too.


I used a smaller base card than usual (17cm x 17cm).  From the Chic Viola colour collection by Phill Martin I used the sparkle paste and the spray mist as well as the matching Colour Cloud blending ink.  I also decided to use some Archival ink (Deep Purple) as the sentiment (Inca Stamp wooden backed rubber stamp) didn't really show up that well when I used the paler Colour Cloud to stamp it out; instead I stamped the sentiment in Archival ink, die cut round it using the smallest frame from the Noble Ornate Pierced Design by Sue Wilson and Creative Expressions and then blended the Chic Viola Colour Cloud over the top while the die was still in place.
As I was intending to leave my base mat (the two largest dies from the Ornate Pierced Design) white, I stamped all over the outside of the base card using the Deep Purple Archival ink and the small rose stamp by Claritystamp.








 




I tried several ideas for the middle layer.  I used the medium frame from the die set for both; the first one used the de-boss plate coloured with the Chic Viola Colour Cloud.  Unfortunately I made rather a mess inking up the de-boss plate as you can see in the picture - even though the centre section was going to be covered with the sentiment plaque.  
 
In the end I decided to use the Bed of Roses embossing folder by Creative Expressions to de-boss the plaque and 'grout' the de-bossed pattern using the Chic Viola Sparkle Paste.  







I layered up the plaques onto the card using foam tape for extra dimension.

I still felt that the card wasn't quite finished, so sprayed some cream paper roses from my stash with the Chic Viola mist.  I must remember to use a box next time, as I got quite a coating of mist over my hand!  As you can see from the picture, one of the roses received a heavier coating than the other two.  I dried them off using a heat tool and added them to the card using glue.





Post a Comment