Saturday, 19 September 2015

Thanks for Looking in

After another short break for the day job, thanks for coming back for another look at my blog!  This card could be adapted as a wedding thank you card using the colour scheme from the day or any occasion where a thank you is required.


Only the outer edges are scored at the halfway point.
The base card is a piece of A4 card with the width trimmed to 14.8cm.  I laid the remaining piece of A4 onto a scoring board and lightly drew a pencil line to mark the half fold.  The outside edge of one of the Tonic Studio Ornate Elegance header dies was lined up centrally on the card blank with the pencil line and die cut.  Having rubbed out the pencil line, the card base was then placed back on the scoring board and the two outer edges of the A4 half fold were scored.  Once that was complete, the inner section of the header die was used to finish creating the beautiful side of the card.  I don't like using pre-scored cards with these header dies, as you then see the fold line across the decorative header.  I'd rather find or make a larger envelope to accommodate the slightly larger card.  In this case a C5 envelope rather than a 6" square.

The topper was die cut from super smooth white card, using the Thank You section and accompanying outside edge from one of the Sentiment Sets by Tonic Studios.  This provided the perfect sized central panel to stamp the rabbit and the Just to say... stamp from the Bebunni Birthday Gerbera stamp set by Crafter's Companion.  I used a black Memento ink pad, as I was intending to colour the image using ProMarkers.  Once finished, the panel was put back into the die and distress ink was lightly brushed across the top left and bottom right corner, as well as under the rabbit so that it had something to stand on.
I wanted the colours of the background card to be reflected in the colours of the image, so chose to colour the Gerbera to match.  The large backing panel was cut using the outermost die from the Anja's Squares set by Marianne.  I also cut a piece of card 14.5cm x 10cm from the same colour card; used the outer edge from the header die to shape one of the longer edges and then trimmed off the remaining section instead of scoring.  This piece was glued inside the front of the base card, to line up with the lacy side header.  Not only did this provide reinforcement to the side header section, but also tied the colour scheme together.  The inside of the card was neatened up by inserting a folded sheet of coordinating paper with a verse.
The rabbit topper was matted onto the burgundy card using foam pads for dimension,  then added to the front of the card with the header section to the side.  Of course, the topper could have been added with the header at the top - it is entirely down to personal choice.


Post a Comment